Best Car Exterior Accessories to Get at the Dealer When Buying a New Car
When you’re purchasing a new car, it’s not just about the vehicle itself; it’s also an opportunity to enhance your driving experience and the appearance of your car. Car dealerships offer a range of exterior accessories that can improve the aesthetics, functionality, and overall appeal of your new ride. In this article, we’ll explore the best car exterior accessories you should consider getting at the dealer when buying a new car.
Upgrading the look of your new car with alloy wheels is a great idea. The variety of designs and finishes available will allow you to choose the one that best complements your vehicle’s style. Not only do alloy wheels improve the aesthetic aspect, but they also weigh less than steel wheels, which can enhance fuel efficiency and handling. However, when applying for a car loan, having a good credit score and a stable income are what matter most.
Splash guards, also known as mud flaps, can protect your car’s exterior from dirt, rocks, and road debris. They are especially valuable if you live in an area with unpredictable weather conditions. Keeping your car clean and free from debris can help maintain its resale value.
Body Side Moldings
To prevent unsightly dings and dents, consider adding body side moldings. These thin strips of protective material are installed along the sides of your car. They act as a buffer, absorbing impacts from shopping carts, car doors, and other potential hazards in parking lots.
If you’re an adventure enthusiast, roof racks are a must-have accessory. They provide extra storage space for luggage, sports equipment, or outdoor gear. Whether you’re going camping, biking, or skiing, roof racks can accommodate your equipment and free up interior space.
Window tinting not only enhances privacy but also reduces the sun’s glare and heat inside the car. It protects your interior from fading and keeps the cabin cooler during hot summer days. Most dealerships offer professional window tinting services with various tint levels to choose from.
Hood deflectors, also known as bug deflectors, can prevent bugs, debris, and rocks from damaging your car’s hood and windshield. They redirect airflow over your vehicle, making it easier to clean and maintain.
Upgrade your car’s lighting with LED bulbs. They provide brighter and clearer illumination compared to traditional halogen bulbs. LED lighting can improve safety and visibility, especially during nighttime driving.
Door Edge Guards
Protect your car’s door edges from scratches and chips by installing door edge guards. These inconspicuous accessories are designed to blend seamlessly with your car’s design while providing essential protection.
For a sportier look and improved aerodynamics, consider adding a rear spoiler. Spoilers not only enhance your car’s appearance but also provide better stability at higher speeds.
Prevent theft of your expensive alloy wheels by investing in wheel locks. These security devices are designed to deter would-be thieves and keep your wheels safe.
Add a touch of elegance to your car with chrome accents. These can include chrome door handles, mirror covers, or grille inserts, depending on your car’s model and your personal style.
Paint Protection Film
Protect your car’s paint job from chips and scratches with a clear paint protection film. This nearly invisible layer shields your car’s exterior from the hazards of the road while preserving its original finish.
License Plate Frames
Personalize your vehicle with custom license plate frames. You can choose from a variety of styles, including chrome, carbon fiber, or personalized frames that showcase your personality.
Keep your car’s rear bumper safe from scratches and dings with bumper protectors. They are especially useful when loading or unloading cargo from the trunk.
If you don’t have access to a garage, investing in a car cover is a wise decision. It will shield your car from the elements, UV rays, and potential damage.
When buying a new car, don’t overlook the opportunity to enhance its exterior with these fantastic accessories. Not only will they make your vehicle look better, but they can also protect it from wear and tear. Talk to your dealer about the available options and choose the accessories that best suit your needs and preferences.
- Are these accessories available for all car makes and models?
- Most dealerships offer a range of accessories that are compatible with a wide variety of vehicles. However, availability may vary, so it’s best to check with your specific dealer.
- Do these accessories affect the car’s warranty?
- Generally, dealer-installed accessories should not affect your car’s warranty. However, it’s always a good idea to confirm this with your dealer and consult your vehicle’s warranty documentation.
- Can I install these accessories myself, or should I have the dealer do it?
- While some accessories can be installed by the owner, others require professional installation for optimal performance and warranty coverage. It’s advisable to consult with your dealer for guidance.
- Are dealer-installed accessories more expensive than aftermarket options?
- Dealer-installed accessories may be slightly more expensive than aftermarket options, but they often come with a warranty and are designed to fit your vehicle perfectly.
- Can I negotiate the price of these accessories with the dealer?
- Yes, you can often negotiate the price of accessories with the dealer. It’s worth discussing your preferences and budget to see if there’s room for adjustment.